18 September 2007

Color Inspiration

I am in search of inspiration for a theme for my portfolio (in case I ever decide to apply for design school). I want to include different styles and designs for the clothes but I want a cohesive look to the whole book. I have really loved navy blue lately so I thought perhaps a dusk/midnight would work well and it has such a nice contrast of soft and strong colors. I used a little help from a color palette generator and here is what I came up with.




I was hoping for a little more coral/pink to come out. I also like the look of midnight and a silvery moon so I played around some more. Unfortunately the moon image didn't work as well with the generator so I couldn't pull my perfect silvery white.




I made my own set of colors in Powerpoint and here is my final palette.


No comments: