06 September 2007

Food for Thought

So, I've recently taken up reading. (Haha, I make it sound like a sport.) It's nothing to be proud of but I sort of am! I can't tell you how long it's been since I read a book for leisure. Since I started college 3 years ago, I think I've read one book and that was Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden. I didn't want to watch the movie without reading it first. (Note to Self: Save book from Mom's bottomless sea of books in storage... before it's too late.)

In July, I started co-op in Manhattan and have been commuting from home in New Jersey. This commute offers a ton of time to do absolutely nothing each day. Magazines just didn't cut it anymore since I could finish one in a single train ride. Why not make some better use out of that time, right? After all, you can only ignore the 20 bookstores I pass in Penn Station every day for so long. I've found that it really helps you block out the rest of the world during the commute and you are definitely less irritable with your nose in a book. It's quite calming actually.

My Reading List:

Finished - Review coming soon



No comments: