23 March 2008

A Serious Developing Sweet Tooth

I have always considered myself a savory kind of a girl. Hands down, no doubt about it. But I'm not sure if it's being in France that has changed me... being surrounded by the sensuous aromas of the boulangeries and patisseries. It's hard to stay away. I am constantly craving something sweet now. Before, a perfect meal would be a big savory dish and a bite of something sweet at the end. Now, I could easily prefer a light entree and jump into a big bowl glace "ice cream" or sorbet, a fruit tart, un gateau chocolat... or maybe all of the above!!

Especially when it came to being hungry, nothing could satisfy my empty stomach like something salty... Except today I noticed that when we tried the renowned {Paul} bakery, instead of getting a mini quiche like I usually would... I went with a macaron!


I haven't found a Laduree yet and I've been dying to try a macaron but it's a bit scary. When you get really hyped up hearing about something, you don't want to be disappointed. Mon cheri chose some viennoiseries and I chose a pistachio macaron. Lucky for me, it was larger than at some of the other places I've seen them. I was hoping it wouldn't be too crunchy outside and it wasn't! Every bite of this creme filled pastry was melt-in-your-mouth delicious! Je suis amoureuse!

1 comment:

Miss W. Yvonne said...

you know those colored macarons you had on an earlier entry? they're on the kate spade homepage as props! so cute! i thought of you again lol!