10 March 2009

A Cinderella Feeling

Lately, I've been thinking about our sorority banquet. This is probably going to my last formal for a while. During my college years, I've gone to many formals and it's always so much fun getting all dressed up, sipping champagne with your close friends and looking back on the memories you shared.

Along with trying to figure out whether or not I'll take a date (this is the first time I have to ask!), I've been looking into what I might wear to our formal. I had a few things I wanted to try. I don't usually put too much thought into these kinds of things but being my senior year, it's extra special.
  1. Perhaps a full-length dress since I've never worn one to formal before or even prom in fact.
  2. I've always wondered how I would look in a one-shoulder dress.
  3. And for a while now, I've wanted to wear a white dress but never found the right occasion.




  • David Meister - I love the modern bow on the shoulder and the deep navy color.
  • Nicole Miller - The print on this simple silhouette is so glamourous.
  • JS Boutique - Graceful and white, it comes in petite so no hemming needed.
  • BCBGMAXAZRIA - This strapless yellow gown makes looking beautiful a breeze!
These are bit more than I would typically spend for a dress but it's something to think about. I definitely want to go for a classy and sophisticated look. I had a few other dresses I liked but they were very young and flirty. The dresses I like tend to be different and unique. I don't like to wear something somebody else would. And I also think it'd be really fun to go dress shopping with my little sis, C. So I'll be looking forward to making time to do that! :)

Here is one last dress that would be my dream dress. It's a total splurge, a Donna Karan from Saks. It's not full-length but it's so chic! It's the perfect shade of off-white with a bow so whimsical. The neckline and hemline are both tres sexy. And who doesn't love a dress with pockets! This sweetly feminine dress flows around your body so that you don't have to worry about a thing. You can eat all you want and then dance the night away!

Dreamy, isn't it?

No comments: