16 June 2009

Tea Parties & Dresses

I've seen a lot of inspiration surrounding tea parties these past couple of days so I thought I'd write a post about it. It started with this dress that I bought from Forever the other day. It's called the Tea Party Dress and I didn't bother trying it on because the line for the dressing room was a bit long and I was feeling lazy.


{Source: Forever21}

It's really cute and has a fun A-line with a natural waist. I am thinking of returning it though because it's quite short and seemed somewhat inappropriate for my age. Perhaps girls younger would look adorable. I think I also would have wanted something less plain, maybe some kind of pattern to make it more festive.

Yesterday, I went to the dentist's office with a friend and while I waited I picked up a copy of last month's FamilyFun. There was an article about celebrating Mother's Day with your daughter and other mother/daughter friends. They had sweet ideas for decor and suggested treats like cupcakes and petit fours. While this seems a tad far into the future, I do envision my bridal shower themed as a tea party/brunch... But that won't be anytime soon either. :P


{Source: Beaucoup}

And finally, as I was checking my daily reads (and I forget exactly where I saw it) but I came across Etsy seller sohomode, who makes these uber feminine and whimsical tea dresses. I thought of my dear friend and fellow blogger Beautiful Day who loves tea parties. I hope we can plan one together someday! :) I thought you might like her dresses so I definitely had to post this.


{Source: sohomode}

Before I go, I did want to ask for some help from my girls who follow this blog. I bought this super fun, ballerina-esque skirt when I was in Korea. It is much like the one pictured below with the black band but in a lighter ballet pink color. I just can't think of what to wear with it. Korean girls tend to wear oversized tees with this but I don't think I can do that. I was thinking a simple black tank or maybe even my leotard with leggings? I don't know if all that black would be too much against the skirt. And it is a bit see through even with the satin lining underneath.


{Source: Forever21}

What do you girls think?

1 comment:

Krystle said...

Sarah!

You are so right! I do love that tea dress!

About the skirt, if it was shorter then I think you could totally pull off the oversized tee look.

I prefer a white top as well..here are my choices!

Shirt (in white)
- http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog_name=FOREVER21&category_name=top_basics_active&product_id=2063034441&Page=all#

Shirt (in white)
- http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog_name=FOREVER21&category_name=top_basics_active&product_id=2061149751&Page=all#

Tube Top (in pink)
- http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog_name=FOREVER21&category_name=top_basics_active&
product_id=2061695808&Page=all#

Pocket Tank Top (in white)
- http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog_name=FOREVER21&category_name=top_camis_tanks&product_id=2058385797&Page=all#

Or you could go for a more romantic look...

Love Tank Top
- http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog_name=FOREVER21&category_name=top_camis_tanks&product_id=2065949712&Page=all

Or you could go funky...
- http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog_name=FOREVER21&category_name=top_camis_tanks&product_id=2064285612&Page=all


Here's a site that you can more inspiration from:
http://skirts.lookbook.nu/#more


I'm not that good with fashion and matching...so I hope my advice works!